Pomona  |  West Covina  |  Santa Ana  |  Long Beach

Prevention of Electrical Injuries: A Step-by-Step Guide

Electric Injuries | DYS Law Group

Despite the fact that electricity has transformed our lives, it is important to remember that it can be extremely dangerous. To put it another way, electricity can be a deadly weapon if it isn’t properly controlled. It could be the difference between life and death if you know how to respond to an electric shock.

What an Electrical Shock Looks Like

You can get an electric shock from a wide variety of machines, many of which can be found in your own house. Electric shocks can be caused by a variety of things, including lighting, electrical appliances, and electrical outlets. Being aware of the symptoms of an electric shock can aid in the treatment of someone who is suffering from one, as well as help you avoid injury. Signs that a person has suffered a serious electric shock include:

  • Spasticity
  • Sudden inability to respond
  • Breathing difficulties
  • An excruciating headache.
  • The heartbeat is irregular.
  • Burns
  • Seizures
  • Hearing and vision impairments are both present.

If you or someone you know exhibits any of these symptoms, it is highly likely that you or they are suffering from a severe electric shock. As a result of these incidents, you may never fully recover from the trauma.

Electric Shocks and Their Dangers

Electric shocks can cause a wide range of serious injuries, including burns. Electrical burns, unlike thermal burns, can quickly spread throughout your entire body, causing catastrophic damage to your deep tissues, nerves, and bones. Such burns can lead to scarring, limb amputations, and even permanent disabilities if they are severe enough.

A heart attack or seizure can also result from electrical shocks, which can cause brain and heart damage as a result. If the shock is severe enough, it can cause permanent cognitive impairment, heart problems, or even death. A tragic accident can be caused by a malfunctioning appliance in your home, be it a coffee maker or a microwave. You or a loved one’s life could be saved if you know how to respond to an electric shock.

How to Deal with an Electric Shock That Is Extreme

The sooner you get away from the source of the electric shock, the better your chances for survival will be. Long-term exposure to electricity may cause permanent harm, so it is best to avoid it or turn off the source of the power. In the event of an emergency, dial 911 and provide the details of what happened. The sooner they know about any symptoms you’re experiencing, the better. This is especially important if you’re in danger of collapsing or going into cardiac arrest.

You or the person you’re assisting could be seriously injured even if you follow these instructions to the letter. Manufacturers, building owners and maintenance personnel must therefore make sure that all electrical appliances, power lines and wiring are manufactured and installed safely. If your electric shock was caused by a defective product, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. Call DYS Law Group 213-855-4749 for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney and friendly legal advice. We’re here to lend a hand.

Share :

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WHAT OUR CLIENT SAY ABOUT US !

Dys Law Group Testimonial Happy Client | DYS Law Group
| GET IN TOUCH

Have Question?

Contact Info

Address

Translate »

Free Case Evaluation

Skip to content